Terms and conditions of Whiskas Best Both of World’s
Home > Terms and conditions of Whiskas Best Both of World’s
Terms and conditions of Whiskas Best Both of World’s campaign
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Participation in this competition will constitute your agreement to comply with these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do not participate.
The terms and conditions set out below apply to all entrants involved in the Whiskas Best Both of World’s campaign.
The Whiskas Best Both of World’s campaign] (“the Competition”) is conducted by Mars Consumer Products Africa (Pty) Ltd(”Promoter”), having an address of150 Western Service Road, Woodmead, Johannesburg, South Africa.
1. This Competition runs from the (27 May) 2019 at 00:00:01 until 23:59:59 on (31 July) 2019. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
2. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the Promoter.
3. In order to be able to enter the Competition and to be eligible to win a prize, the entrant must be a resident of the Republic of South Africa.
4. The Promoter and/or organizer reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entrants.
5. To enter the Competition eligible entrants will be required to purchase 1 (one) 1 kg dry and 2 (two) wet Whiskas participating food products:
5.1 Consumer enters via dialing into the dedicated USSD string *120*1035#. USSD charged at 20c/20 seconds.
5.2 The consumer will be prompted to enter the unique code found on pack of the purchased 1kg dry food product.
5.3 Once verified, the consumer will then be prompted to enter the last 4,5 or 6 digits of both the 2 (two) wet food products purchased.
5.4 Once the consumer completes all questions on the USSD string they will be informed if they are a winner or not on the USSD string.
5.5 Winning entrants will receive an SMS with their reward voucher. Entrants will be limited to to enter the promotion 2 times per day with a maximum of 15 number of entries over the campaign period.
6. The instant prizes include standing a chance to win a share of R1.5 million (one and a half million rand) worth of Sorbet vouchers, Takalot.com or ePETstore coupons to the value of R100 (One hundred rand).
6.1. Sorbet voucher:
6.1.1. The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
6.1.2. The voucher is redeemable for treatments and/or products up to the value of R100 loaded onto the gift card number.
6.1.4. The voucher is valid at any Sorbet Salon, Sorbet Drybar, Sorbet Nailbar, Sorbet Man, Sorbet Skin venues or standalone Candi & Co. nationwide.
6.1.5. The remaining value of the voucher will stay on the voucher until redeemed.
6.1.6. Sorbet vouchers are valid until 31 October 2019.
6.1.7. No cash back will be given as change.
6.2. Takealot.com Coupon:
6.2.1. The Takealot coupon entitles you to a R100 Takealot.com coupon.
6.2.2. Only available for use on the Takealot.com website towards the purchase of products found on www.takelot.com.
6.2.3. Takealot.com Coupons are valid until 31 October 2019.
6.2.4. If a Takealot.com Coupon has not been used within that period, it will expire and be forfeited.
6.2.5. Coupons cannot be used to buy Gift Vouchers or other Coupons, and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit. Takealot is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorised use or distribution of a Coupon.
6.2.6. Takealot.com have the following conditions:
They can only be used once;
Only one Coupon can be used per order.
A unique Coupon code can only be used once per promotion.
Takelot.com Coupons may not be used in conjunction with any other reward, coupon, voucher or discount.
6.2.7. A Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later on existing orders.
6.2.8. The value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket, if the value of the basket is higher than the value of the coupon, you will be required to pay in the difference. If the value of the basket is less than the value of the coupon, you will forfeit the remaining value of the coupon.
6.2.9. Takelot.com Coupons do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased.
6.2.10. Takealot.com is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorized use or unauthorized distribution of a Takealot.com coupon, after it has delivered the Takealot.com coupon to you or the email address nominated by you.
6.2.11. If for any reason a Coupon does not reflect on the final amount due from you at check-out, you can contact Takealot.com on (https://secure.takealot.com/help) to confirm if the Coupon is still valid. If Takealot.com confirms that the Coupon is still valid and you have already placed your order, you can choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the Coupon, or you can use the Coupon on your next order within the limitations of the specific Coupon’s terms and conditions.
6.3. ePETstore Coupon:
The ePETstore coupon entitles you to a R100 ePETstore coupon.
6.3.2. ePETstore Gift coupon are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
6.3.3. The user has to be logged into their profile to be able to use the coupon code.
6.3.4. The coupon code can only be used once per ePETstore account holder, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional coupon code.
6.3.5. ePETstore coupon codes are valid until 31 October 2019.
6.3.6. Returns of products to which the coupon codes were applied will be refunded at the actual rand value paid for the product
6.3.7. ePETstore Gift coupons are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
6.3.8. ePETstore Gift coupon cannot be resold to or exchanged with a third party.
6.3.9. You cannot use an ePETstore Gift coupon to purchase another ePETstore Gift coupon.
7. 2 (two) grand prize travel vouchers each worth R50 000 (fifty thousand rand and a cat holiday per winner: 7.1. The Winners will be selected by means of a random draw by 21 August 2019. Winners will be contacted telephonically on the mobile number they entered with starting on 26 August (this date is subject to change without notice). Mars reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the email or telephone call within one week of winner selection and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. The prize winner will be selected at random by way of a draw under supervision of independent auditors.
8. Mars Consumer Products Proprietary Limited (“Mars”), their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by them or any supplier of goods and services in connection with this Competition and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in or enter this Competition.
9. IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE, THE DECISION OF THE PROMOTERS WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO.
10. Mars reserves the right to change any detail of the Competition, without prior notice and to interpret these terms and conditions in their sole discretion. The onus rests on the entrant to check the terms and conditions.
11. MARS MAY AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION DECIDE THAT ANY ENTRY IS NOT ELIGIBLE DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE CONTENT OF THE ENTRY AND MAY DISQUALIFY A PERSON FROM THE COMPETITION.
12. A participant may only win a maximum of 2 prizes (two)for the duration of the Competition.
13. The prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. The Promoters reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of similar value.
14. Should a participant fill in inaccurate contact details or should the Mars representative be unable to contact them for prize redemption within 14 (fourteen) working days, he/she will forfeit the prize and it will be allocated to another participant.
15. All competition queries must be directed to one of our call centre agents on +27 0860 0027 40 between 09H00 to 16H00 on weekdays
16. THE PROMOTER AND/OR ORGANISERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE THAT MAY RESULT IN AN ENTRY NOT BEING SUCCESSFULLY SUBMITTED. ANY PRIZE IS ACCEPTED BY A WINNER AT HIS/HER OWN RISK AND THE PROMOTERS AND/OR ORGANISERS ARE NOT LIABLE, AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY DEFECT IN THE PRIZE.
17. By entering this Competition, the entrant consents that the Promoter and/or organisers may use names and images taken of the winners/entrants for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration being payable to the winner/entrant. All promotional material will become the sole property of the Promoter. However, the winner/entrant has the right to decline participating in any promotional activity or to object to these images being used by giving written notification to the Promoter and/or its organisers.
18. BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION AND/OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, THE ENTRANTS, USERS AND/OR WINNERS HEREBY INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROMOTER AND/OR ITS ORGANISERS (INCLUDING THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, HOLDING COMPANIES AND AFFILIATES), THEIR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND CONTRACTORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITY FOR INJURY, LOSS, DAMAGE, EXPENSE, CLAIM OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION AND/OR THE USE, ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION OF A PRIZE, AND/OR PARTICIPATION (OR NON-PARTICIPATION) IN A PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
19. The Promoter excludes all warranties (express or implied), representations and liabilities regarding this Competition.
20. Entrants who, in the Promoter’s and/or organisers sole determination, act unlawfully, fraudulently, in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise dishonestly may be disqualified from participating in the Competition and shall not be eligible to win any prize.
21. By entering and participating in the Competition, entrants agree that the Promoter and/or organisers may collect and process your personal information for purposes of this Competition, which includes but is not limited to your full names, telephone number(s) and/or e-mail address. Such information will not be disclosed to any third party, except for the purpose of the Competition, where applicable, unless agreed otherwise, or unless disclosure is required by law or court order.
22. Copies of these terms and conditions of this Competition are available online at (www.whiskas.co.za) (“Website”).