Terms and conditions of Whiskas Best Both of World’s
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Participation in this
competition will constitute your agreement to comply with these terms and
conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do
The terms and conditions set out below apply to all entrants involved in
the Whiskas Best Both of World’s campaign.
The Whiskas Best Both of World’s campaign] (“the Competition”) is
conducted by Mars Consumer Products Africa (Pty) Ltd(”Promoter”), having
an address of150 Western Service Road, Woodmead, Johannesburg, South
- 1. This Competition runs from the (27 May) 2019 at 00:00:01 until
23:59:59 on (31 July) 2019. Any entries received after the closing date
will not be considered.
- 2. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the
discretion of the Promoter.
- 3. In order to be able to enter the Competition and to be eligible to
win a prize, the entrant must be a resident of the Republic of South
- 4. The Promoter and/or organizer reserves the right, at any time, to
verify the validity of entrants.
- 5. To enter the Competition eligible entrants will be required to
purchase 1 (one) 1 kg dry and 2 (two) wet Whiskas participating food
- 5.1 Consumer enters via dialing into the dedicated USSD string
*120*1035#. USSD charged at 20c/20 seconds.
- 5.2 The consumer will be prompted to enter the unique code found on
pack of the purchased 1kg dry food product.
- 5.3 Once verified, the consumer will then be prompted to enter the
last 4,5 or 6 digits of both the 2 (two) wet food products
- 5.4 Once the consumer completes all questions on the USSD string
they will be informed if they are a winner or not on the USSD
- 5.5 Winning entrants will receive an SMS with their reward voucher.
Entrants will be limited to to enter the promotion 2 times per day
with a maximum of 15 number of entries over the campaign period.
- 6. The instant prizes include standing a chance to win a share of R1.5
million (one and a half million rand) worth of Sorbet vouchers,
Takalot.com or ePETstore coupons to the value of R100 (One hundred
- 6.1. Sorbet voucher:
- 6.1.1. The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
- 6.1.2. The voucher is redeemable for treatments and/or products
up to the value of R100 loaded onto the gift card number.
- 6.1.3. Excludes doctor’s treatments (botox, fillers, facial
- 6.1.4. The voucher is valid at any Sorbet Salon, Sorbet Drybar,
Sorbet Nailbar, Sorbet Man, Sorbet Skin venues or standalone
Candi & Co. nationwide.
- 6.1.5. The remaining value of the voucher will stay on the
voucher until redeemed.
- 6.1.6. Sorbet vouchers are valid until 31 October 2019.
- 6.1.7. No cash back will be given as change.
- 6.2. Takealot.com Coupon:
- 6.2.1. The Takealot coupon entitles you to a R100 Takealot.com
- 6.2.2. Only available for use on the Takealot.com website
towards the purchase of products found on
- 6.2.3. Takealot.com Coupons are valid until 31 October 2019.
- 6.2.4. If a Takealot.com Coupon has not been used within that
period, it will expire and be forfeited.
- 6.2.5. Coupons cannot be used to buy Gift Vouchers or other
Coupons, and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit.
Takealot is not responsible for any harm due to the loss,
unauthorised use or distribution of a Coupon.
- 6.2.6. Takealot.com have the following conditions:
- They can only be used once;
- Only one Coupon can be used per order.
- A unique Coupon code can only be used once per promotion.
- Takelot.com Coupons may not be used in conjunction with any
other reward, coupon, voucher or discount.
- 6.2.7. A Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used
later on existing orders.
- 6.2.8. The value of the Coupon will be set off against the value
of your shopping basket, if the value of the basket is higher
than the value of the coupon, you will be required to pay in the
difference. If the value of the basket is less than the value of
the coupon, you will forfeit the remaining value of the coupon.
- 6.2.9. Takelot.com Coupons do not accrue interest and are not
refundable for cash once purchased.
- 6.2.10. Takealot.com is not responsible for any harm due to the
loss, unauthorized use or unauthorized distribution of a
Takealot.com coupon, after it has delivered the Takealot.com
coupon to you or the email address nominated by you.
- 6.2.11. If for any reason a Coupon does not reflect on the final
amount due from you at check-out, you can contact Takealot.com
on (https://secure.takealot.com/help) to confirm if the Coupon
is still valid. If Takealot.com confirms that the Coupon is
still valid and you have already placed your order, you can
choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the
Coupon, or you can use the Coupon on your next order within the
limitations of the specific Coupon’s terms and conditions.
- 6.3. ePETstore Coupon:
- The ePETstore coupon entitles you to a R100 ePETstore coupon.
- 6.3.2. ePETstore Gift coupon are not redeemable for cash and will
not be replaced if lost, stolen, destroyed or used without
- 6.3.3. The user has to be logged into their profile to be able to
use the coupon code.
- 6.3.4. The coupon code can only be used once per ePETstore account
holder, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional
- 6.3.5. ePETstore coupon codes are valid until 31 October 2019.
- 6.3.6. Returns of products to which the coupon codes were applied
will be refunded at the actual rand value paid for the product
- 6.3.7. ePETstore Gift coupons are not redeemable for cash and will
not be replaced if lost, stolen, destroyed or used without
- 6.3.8. ePETstore Gift coupon cannot be resold to or exchanged with a
- 6.3.9. You cannot use an ePETstore Gift coupon to purchase another
ePETstore Gift coupon.
- 6.3.10. ePETstore Gift coupons can only be redeemed online through
- 7. 2 (two) grand prize travel vouchers each worth R50 000 (fifty
thousand rand and a cat holiday per winner: 7.1. The Winners will be
selected by means of a random draw by 21 August 2019. Winners will be
contacted telephonically on the mobile number they entered with starting
on 26 August (this date is subject to change without notice). Mars
reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to
the email or telephone call within one week of winner selection and
randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. The
prize winner will be selected at random by way of a draw under
supervision of independent auditors.
- 8. Mars Consumer Products Proprietary Limited (“Mars”),
their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, any
other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by
them or any supplier of goods and services in connection with this
Competition and their spouses, life partners, parents, children,
siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to
participate in or enter this Competition.
- 9. IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE, THE DECISION OF THE PROMOTERS WILL BE
FINAL AND BINDING AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO.
- 10. Mars reserves the right to change any detail of the Competition,
without prior notice and to interpret these terms and conditions in
their sole discretion. The onus rests on the entrant to check the terms
- 11. MARS MAY AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION DECIDE THAT ANY ENTRY IS NOT
ELIGIBLE DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE CONTENT OF THE ENTRY AND MAY
DISQUALIFY A PERSON FROM THE COMPETITION.
- 12. A participant may only win a maximum of 2 prizes (two)for the
duration of the Competition.
- 13. The prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. The
Promoters reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize
of similar value.
- 14. Should a participant fill in inaccurate contact details or should
the Mars representative be unable to contact them for prize redemption
within 14 (fourteen) working days, he/she will forfeit the prize and it
will be allocated to another participant.
- 15. All competition queries must be directed to one of our call centre
agents on +27 0860 0027 40 between 09H00 to 16H00 on weekdays
- 16. THE PROMOTER AND/OR ORGANISERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY TECHNICAL
FAILURE THAT MAY RESULT IN AN ENTRY NOT BEING SUCCESSFULLY SUBMITTED.
ANY PRIZE IS ACCEPTED BY A WINNER AT HIS/HER OWN RISK AND THE
PROMOTERS AND/OR ORGANISERS ARE NOT LIABLE, AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY
DEFECT IN THE PRIZE.
- 17. By entering this Competition, the entrant consents that the Promoter
and/or organisers may use names and images taken of the winners/entrants
for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration being payable
to the winner/entrant. All promotional material will become the sole
property of the Promoter. However, the winner/entrant has the right to
decline participating in any promotional activity or to object to these
images being used by giving written notification to the Promoter and/or
18. BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION AND/OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, THE
ENTRANTS, USERS AND/OR WINNERS HEREBY INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD
HARMLESS THE PROMOTER AND/OR ITS ORGANISERS (INCLUDING THEIR
SUBSIDIARIES, HOLDING COMPANIES AND AFFILIATES), THEIR DIRECTORS,
EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND CONTRACTORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY
ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITY FOR INJURY, LOSS, DAMAGE, EXPENSE,
CLAIM OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY
OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION AND/OR THE USE,
ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION OF A PRIZE, AND/OR PARTICIPATION (OR
NON-PARTICIPATION) IN A PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
- 19. The Promoter excludes all warranties (express or implied),
representations and liabilities regarding this Competition.
- 20. Entrants who, in the Promoter’s and/or organisers sole
determination, act unlawfully, fraudulently, in breach of these terms
and conditions or otherwise dishonestly may be disqualified from
participating in the Competition and shall not be eligible to win any
21. By entering and participating in the Competition, entrants agree
that the Promoter and/or organisers may collect and process your
personal information for purposes of this Competition, which includes
but is not limited to your full names, telephone number(s) and/or
e-mail address. Such information will not be disclosed to any third
party, except for the purpose of the Competition, where applicable,
unless agreed otherwise, or unless disclosure is required by law or
- 22. Copies of these terms and conditions of this Competition are
available online at (www.whiskas.co.za) (“Website”).